Recipe Wednesday: Crispy Carrot Chips
Want a healthy alternative to potato chips? I’ve posted my kale chips recipe in the past, but now lets talk carrots!
- 2-3 Large thick carrots, peeled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- Himalayan pink salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 350°F and arrange the racks to divide the oven into thirds.
- Holding the stem end, shave the carrots lengthwise into thin strips.
- Place the carrot strips in a bowl, add oil, salt, and pepper to taste and toss until thoroughly coated.
- Place the strips in a single layer on 2 baking sheets
- Bake for 6 minutes, then rotate the pans between the racks.
- Bake until the edges of the chips start to turn golden brown, approx 6 to 8 minutes longer.
- Let the chips cool until crisp, about 3 minutes.